Dry-Fried Green Beans
Adapted from Anne Quatrano's Summerland: Recipes for Celebrating With Southern Hospitality (Rizzoli).
- Total Time:
- Servings: 12
Photography: John Kernick
Source: Martha Stewart Living, November 2014
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds green beans or yellow wax beans, or a combination of both, trimmed
- 1/2 pound fresh field peas, such as Lady Cream (optional)
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
Heat a large skillet, preferably cast-iron, over high heat. Swirl in oil; add beans and saute, stirring frequently, until crisp-tender and blistered in places, 8 to 10 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and stir in peas and garlic. Saute just until garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute. Remove from heat, season with salt and pepper, and serve.