Salsa Fresca Salad
Reserve some salsa to stir into the Chicken-Chile Stew.
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes 8 cups
Source: Martha Stewart Living
- 12 plum tomatoes, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 2 jalapenos, ribs and seeds removed, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups lightly packed fresh cilantro stems and leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 3/4 teaspoons coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 romaine-lettuce hearts, thinly sliced
Stir together tomatoes, onion, jalapenos, garlic, cilantro, salt, vinegar, and sugar in a bowl. Spoon over lettuce hearts and serve.