Blistered Eggplant With Tomatoes, Olives, and Feta
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: Bryan Gardner
- 1 large eggplant (about 1 3/4 pounds), cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 3/4 pounds mixed tomatoes, small ones halved or quartered, large ones cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 ounces feta, crumbled
- 1/2 cup mixed olives
- 1/2 cup lightly packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Bread, such as a baguette, for serving
Preheat broiler with rack 6 inches from heat source. Place eggplant rounds on a wire rack set on a rimmed baking sheet. Broil until eggplant is blistered and deep brown on one side, 10 to 12 minutes. Flip and broil until blistered on other side, 10 to 12 minutes. Immediately transfer to a large bowl, toss with oil, and cover with a plate. Let stand until softened, 10 minutes.
Arrange eggplant and tomatoes on a platter, seasoning each layer with salt and pepper and drizzling with oil before adding next. Top with feta, olives, and parsley, and serve with bread.