1 of 4
Apples With Cream Cheese, Almonds, and Raisins
For an alternative to processed foods, make these delicious, protein-rich snacks with just a few fresh, simple ingredients.
Sweeten cream cheese with a little honey. Halve an apple; scoop out core. Fill with cream-cheese mixture. Sprinkle with toasted sliced almonds and golden raisins. Then cut each half into quarters.
2 of 4
Fire Ants on a Log
Halve a mini cucumber lengthwise. Scoop out seeds, if desired, and fill with hummus. Top with chopped red bell pepper.
3 of 4
Mini Pita Pizza
Separate a mini pocket pita into 2 rounds and toast under the broiler until crisp and golden. Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella, then broil again until cheese melts. Top with halved cherry or grape tomatoes and basil.
4 of 4
Tropical Fruit With Dip
Peel pineapples and mangoes; cut into wedges. Sprinkle with cinnamon. For the dip, stir lime zest and agave syrup into lowfat yogurt.
You Just Viewed
Healthy and Delicious After-School SnacksReplay
- Real Page-Turners: Our Favorite Bookshelf Organizing Ideas
- All Scooped Up: The 10 Best Ways to Eat Ice Cream in Winter
- New Year's Heave: Our 2014 Organizing Resolutions
- From the Shar-chives: Kevin Sharkey’s Most Beloved Valentine’s Day Ideas
- Decorate with Brass
- Make-Ahead Office Lunch: Five Days, Five Ways
- Our Food Editors' Food Resolutions
- Board Games: Kevin Sharkey's Cheeseboard Picks
- The Barest Simmer
- Home Decor Inspired by Color
- Healthy and Delicious: Cooking with Whole Grains
- Brass Jewelry Projects: All That Glitters Is Not Gold
- Studio Visit: Purl Soho
- A Blueprint for Color
- A Woodworking Couple's Labor of Love