To make gluten-free versions of these cookies, substitute 1 cup of Wholesome Cup 4 Cup (available at cup4cup.com) for the flour, and use gluten-free oats.
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes about 40
Photography: Con Poulos
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 cup rolled old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseeds
- 1/2 cup pepitas (hulled pumpkin seeds)
- 3/4 cup large unsweetened coconut flakes
- 5 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup dried cherries or cranberries, chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat oil and brown sugar in a bowl on medium speed until well combined, about 3 minutes. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Add flour, baking soda, and salt; beat until combined. Stir in remaining ingredients until well combined. Refrigerate dough until firm, about 1 hour.
Drop heaping tablespoons of dough, 2 inches apart, onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake until golden, rotating sheets halfway through, 13 to 14 minutes. Let cookies cool completely on a wire rack before removing from sheets. Cookies can be stored at room temperature up to 2 days.