Roast Chicken with Cauliflower and Sweet Potatoes
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: Jonathan Lovekin
Source: Martha Stewart Living
- 1 whole chicken, about 4 pounds
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for rubbing
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 sweet potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds total), preferably garnet or jewel, scrubbed and each cut lengthwise into 4 wedges
- 1/2 head cauliflower (about 1 pound), broken into 3-inch florets
- 2 ounces pancetta, cut into a 1/4-inch dice (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Let chicken stand at room temperature 1 hour. Pat dry, then rub with oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on a rimmed baking sheet.
Toss together sweet potatoes, cauliflower, pancetta, rosemary, and oil; season with salt and pepper. Spread around chicken (they won’t be in a single layer). Roast 25 minutes; remove from oven.
Turn vegetables and add capers. Return to oven and roast until a thermometer inserted in thickest part of chicken thigh (without touching bone) registers 165 degrees, 25 to 30 minutes more. Let chicken rest 10 minutes. Meanwhile, toss vegetables with pan juices and return to oven, if additional browning is desired, 5 minutes. Serve chicken with vegetables.