Worcestershire Lentil Salad
Many recipes for lentil salad include a bit of vinegar or lemon juice for flavor. Simply replace it with Worcestershire sauce.
- Servings: 4
Photography: Bryan Gardner
- I medium onion, finely diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely diced
- I stalk celery, finely diced
- 1 bay leaf
- Kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bunch upland cress or watercress or arugula
Combine onion, carrot, celery, bay leaf, and lentils in a medium saucepan, and cover with water by 2 inches. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer and cook until lentils are tender, about 25 minutes.
Drain lentils. Transfer to a bowl and stir in olive oil and Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Let cool slightly. Serve over the greens. Drizzle with more olive oil, if desired.