- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes 4
Photography: David Malosh
Source: Martha Stewart Living
- 2 boneless pork-loin chops (each about 4 ounces), pounded 1/8 inch thick
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 loaf ciabatta (about 1 pound), halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced Swiss cheese (about 10 slices)
- 1/4 pound very thinly sliced Black Forest ham (about 6 slices)
- 1/2 cup very thinly sliced dill pickles
- Plantain chips, for serving (optional)
Preheat grill to medium. Brush pork with oil; season with salt and pepper. Brush grates with oil. Grill pork, flipping once, until cooked through and lightly charred, about 3 minutes; transfer to a plate.
Scoop out soft insides of bread, leaving a 1/8-inch border. Spread mayonnaise and Dijon on opposite halves, then sandwich cheese, pork, ham, and pickles with bread.
Brush oil over both sides of bread. Grill, weighting with a large cast-iron skillet and flipping once, until cheese is melted and bread is lightly marked, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board; slice into 8 pieces. Serve immediately, with chips.