Grilled Snapper Sandwich with Pickled Vegetables
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes 4
Photography: David Malosh
Source: Martha Stewart Living
- 2 carrots, peeled into ribbons (about 2 cups)
- 1 small cucumber, such as Persian, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 4 radishes, very thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup unseasoned rice-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Sriracha, plus more for serving (optional)
- 2 skinless red-snapper fillets (each about 8 ounces)
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
- 4 Portuguese rolls, halved
- 1/2 cup lightly packed fresh cilantro leaves
Toss carrots, cucumber, radishes, vinegar, sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a bowl. Mix mayonnaise and Sriracha in another bowl.
Preheat grill to medium-high. Brush fish with oil; season with salt and pepper. Brush grates with oil. Grill fish until bottom edges turn opaque, about 3 minutes. Flip with 2 large spatulas and cook until opaque in center, about 3 minutes. Remove from grill; cut each fillet in half crosswise. Meanwhile, grill rolls until lightly marked.
Spread mayonnaise mixture on all roll halves. Layer fish and pickled vegetables on bottom halves; drizzle with pickling liquid and top with cilantro. Serve immediately, with more Sriracha.