Mediterranean Chopped-Chicken Pita
Cut this sandwich into wedges and eat it like a pizza.
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes 4
Photography: David Malosh
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken-breast halves (3 to 4 halves)
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing and drizzling
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 6-inch pitas
- 1 1/3 cups prepared hummus
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved (about 4 ounces)
- 2 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced (about 4 ounces)
- 1/2 small head radicchio, thinly sliced (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta (2 ounces)
- 1 lemon, quartered
Preheat grill to medium-high. Brush chicken with oil; season with salt and pepper. Brush grates with oil. Grill chicken, turning once, until cooked through and lightly marked in spots, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board. When cool enough to handle, cut into strips.
Brush both sides of each pita with oil. Grill, flipping once, until lightly marked and crisp, 4 to 5 minutes. Spread hummus on one side of each pita. Top with chicken, tomatoes, scallions, radicchio, and feta. Drizzle with oil; serve immediately with lemon.