Grilled Vegetables and Halloumi Cheese with Charred-Tomato Dressing
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: Jonathan Lovekin
Source: Martha Stewart Living
- 3 ripe tomatoes (about 1 pound), halved crosswise
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup packed fresh small basil leaves, plus more for serving
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1-inch-thick wedges
- 4 portobello-mushroom caps
- 2 medium summer squashes or zucchini, or a combination, quartered lengthwise
- 8 ounces halloumi cheese (available at murrayscheese.com), cut into 4 slabs
- 2 small romaine-lettuce hearts, cut lengthwise into quarters
- 1 small head radicchio, cut into wedges
Preheat grill to medium-high. Brush tomatoes with oil; season with salt and pepper. Place on grill, cut-side up; cook until marked on bottom, about 5 minutes. Chop and transfer to a bowl. Stir in oil, vinegar, and basil; season with salt and pepper.
Brush onion, mushroom caps, and squashes with oil; season with salt and pepper. Grill until tender and marked in spots, about 8 minutes for onion and squashes, 7 minutes for mushrooms. Meanwhile, grill cheese until softened and marked, about 1 minute a side.
Divide romaine hearts, radicchio, vegetables, and cheese among plates. Drizzle with dressing, top with basil, and serve immediately.