Grilled Mustard Chicken with Salami and Avocado
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: Jonathan Lovekin
Source: Martha Stewart Living
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- Grated zest of 2 lemons, plus 6 tablespoons juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken-breast halves (each about 6 ounces)
- Safflower oil, for brushing
- 4 ounces cured salami, cut on the bias into 1/8-inch-thick slices
- 1 head frisee (about 6 ounces), leaves separated
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and cut into wedges
- 1/2 English cucumber, thinly sliced
Whisk together mayonnaise, mustard, lemon zest and juice, and oil in a bowl; season with salt and pepper. Reserve 1/2 cup mixture; add chicken to remaining marinade and turn to coat. Let marinate at room temperature 20 minutes.
Preheat grill to medium and brush grates with oil. Remove chicken from marinade and grill, flipping occasionally, until cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board. Let stand 5 minutes; slice. Meanwhile, grill salami until lightly marked, 1 to 2 minutes a side.
Divide frisee among plates. Top with chicken, salami, avocado, and cucumber. Season with salt and pepper, drizzle with reserved marinade, and serve immediately.