Swordfish with Watermelon and Lime-Ginger Citronette
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: Jonathan Lovekin
Source: Martha Stewart Living
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from 2 to 3 limes)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons safflower oil, plus more for brushing
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound skinless swordfish steak, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 large scallions, white and pale-green parts separated, dark-green parts thinly sliced
- 1 head Bibb lettuce (about 8 ounces), leaves separated
- 1/2 small seedless watermelon, rind removed, cut into 1/2-inch-thick wedges
- 1 medium carrot, peeled into ribbons and julienned
- Flaky sea salt, such as Maldon, for serving
Whisk together lime juice, sugar, ginger, and oil; season with coarse salt.
Preheat grill to medium. Thread swordfish and scallion whites onto skewers. Brush fish and scallions with oil and season with coarse salt and pepper. Grill, flipping occasionally, until fish is opaque throughout, about 7 minutes.
Divide lettuce and watermelon among plates. Top with skewers. Drizzle with dressing and top with scallion greens and carrot. Sprinkle with sea salt and serve immediately.