Marinated Chickpeas with Quinoa and Dandelion Greens
You can make a regular-size batch of quinoa -- 1/2 cup uncooked yields 2 cups cooked -- and then reserve the rest for another use.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: Jonathan Lovekin
- Grated zest of 1 lemon, plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Coarse salt
- Red-pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup almonds, toasted and chopped
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced (about 1/4 cup)
- 6 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 bunch dandelion greens, stalks cut into 1-inch pieces, leaves torn (about 4 packed cups leaves and stalks)
Whisk together lemon zest and juice, oil, and parsley in a bowl. Add chickpeas and season with salt and pepper flakes. Let stand 30 minutes.
Combine almonds, quinoa, scallions, tomatoes, and dandelion greens and stalks in a bowl. Add marinated chickpeas; toss to combine. Season with salt; serve.