Garden Greens with Chopped Eggs and Whole Herbs
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: Jonathan Lovekin
- 4 large eggs
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 ounces haricots verts, trimmed
- 8 ounces snap peas, trimmed
- 4 anchovy fillets, preferably packed in oil (from a 4.2-ounce jar), minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces packed baby spinach (about 4 cups)
- 1/4 cup packed fresh tarragon leaves
- 1 cup packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
Prepare an ice-water bath. Cover eggs by 1 inch of water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, remove from heat, and cover; let stand 12 minutes. Transfer eggs to ice bath until cool. Drain, peel, and coarsely chop.
Meanwhile, prepare a new ice bath. Working in batches, blanch haricots verts in a pot of generously salted boiling water until bright green and crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Transfer to ice bath until cool; remove. Return water in pot to a boil and blanch snap peas, in batches, until bright green and crisp-tender, about 1 minute. Transfer to ice bath until cool; remove. Cut snap peas in half and haricots verts into thirds.
Whisk together anchovies, lemon juice, and sour cream in a bowl. Slowly add oil in a steady stream, whisking until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
Divide spinach among plates and top with vegetables, eggs, and herbs. Drizzle with dressing, season with salt and pepper, and serve immediately.