- Yield: Makes 10 muffins
Photography: Bryan Gardner
Source: Martha Bakes
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon anise seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom (optional)
- 1 pound zucchini (about 2 medium)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- Zest of 1 orange, plus 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- Orange Glaze
- Chervil sprigs, for garnish (optional)
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a muffin tin with ten 4 1/2 ounce paper tulip cups. Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and spices. Set aside.
Grate zucchini on the large holes of a box grater; squeeze dry in a clean kitchen towel (you will need 2 1/2 cups). In a large bowl, stir together eggs and granulated sugar; stir in melted butter, zucchini, and orange zest and juice. Stir in flour mixture.
Transfer batter to cups, filling each with 1/2 cup batter. Bake until a cake tester comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to cool completely. Drizzle with orange glaze and garnish with chervil, if desired. Allow glaze to set, about 20 minutes, before serving.