Giant Bran and Raisin Muffins
- Yield: Makes 6
Photography: Bryan Gardner
Source: Martha Bakes
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus more for pans
- 2 cups unprocessed wheat bran
- 1 1/2 cup giant raisins
- 1 cup prune juice
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 6 tablespoons unsulphured molasses
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly butter six giant-size muffin cups, or line them with paper liners.
Combine wheat bran, raisins, prune juice, yogurt, molasses, butter, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl. Let stand for 10 minutes.
Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl. Stir dry ingredients into the bran mixture just until dry ingredients are moistened. Do not overmix.
Spoon 1 cup batter into each of the giant muffin cups. Bake in the center of the oven until a cake tester comes out clean, 27 to 30 minutes.
Turn muffins out of the pan, and let them cool on a rack.