1 of 9
Repay the Gift of Relaxation
Exotic locales can delight and inspire, but sometimes the best memories are made on familiar turf. Thank family and friends for their hospitality with American-made gifts that will guarantee you an invite back.
Put flimsy rental cookware out to sea with a graphic board that’s perfect for cracking crabs or cutting farm-stand produce.
Words with Boards, $140
2 of 9
Gift perfection is in the bag with a chic destination-themed tote. Throw in a tube of SPF, a great beach read, and -- of course -- a choice local beer or wine.
3 of 9
A Nautical Touch
Planning to visit friends at their seaside retreat? Leave something lovely behind in your wake, like these knotted rope coasters.
Mystic Knotwork, $16.99
4 of 9
These beach-inspired confections look too pretty to eat -- but one taste will reveal sea-salted dark chocolate that's sure to disappear before high tide.
Andie’s Specialty Sweets, $62.89
5 of 9
Sea salt can enliven more than just your hairdo. If you’re lucky, this flavorful gift will make its way from your luggage to your dinner plate.
6 of 9
Smart Skin Care
For hosts who like their SPF with a side of antioxidants, this green-tea-infused formula makes sticky, smelly lotions obsolete.
Susan Ciminelli, $60
7 of 9
Give a host a tomato, and you’ll feed him for a day. Give a host an heirloom tomato seedling kit, and you’ve sown one truly delicious summer.
Hudson Valley Seed Library, $36.75
8 of 9
An all-American snack satisfies no matter your destination. Pull out the old photo albums -- this one’s best served with a side of nostalgia.
Ticket Chocolate, $22
9 of 9
A spa set cast in creative flavors like pina colada, dill pickle, and lavender lemongrass will make for a one-of-a-kind recovery.
Little Flower Shop, $42
You Just Viewed
Travel Rewards: Hostess Gifts for Summer TravelersReplay
- All Scooped Up: The 10 Best Ways to Eat Ice Cream in Winter
- Home Decor Inspired by Color
- A Blueprint for Color
- Our Food Editors' Food Resolutions
- Decorate with Brass
- From the Shar-chives: Kevin Sharkey’s Most Beloved Valentine’s Day Ideas
- Make-Ahead Office Lunch: Five Days, Five Ways
- Board Games: Kevin Sharkey's Cheeseboard Picks
- Studio Visit: Purl Soho
- The Barest Simmer
- Healthy and Delicious: Cooking with Whole Grains
- Real Page-Turners: Our Favorite Bookshelf Organizing Ideas
- New Year's Heave: Our 2014 Organizing Resolutions
- A Woodworking Couple's Labor of Love
- Brass Jewelry Projects: All That Glitters Is Not Gold