Beet, Plum, and Ricotta Salad
Earthy beets are paired with tart-sweet plums in this sublime salad. Fresh ricotta adds a creamy, delicious layer.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: Linda Pugliese
Source: Martha Stewart Living
- 3 medium beets (such as a mix of red, yellow, and Chioggia), trimmed, scrubbed, and quartered
- 3 plums, pitted and cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup fresh ricotta
- 3 teaspoons champagne vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
Place beets in a steamer basket or colander set in a saucepan filled with 2 inches of simmering water. Cover and steam until beets are tender when pierced with a sharp knife, about 20 minutes. Let cool, then remove skins. Slice beets into small pieces.
Arrange beets, plums, and ricotta on a platter. Drizzle with vinegar and oil, and season with salt and pepper. Top with basil leaves, and serve immediately.