Under 30 Minutes
New Classic Burger
You can grind as much or as little meat together as you'd like, using equal parts of each type.
- 11 ounces chuck steak, trimmed of any large pieces of fat
- 11 ounces sirloin steak, trimmed of any large pieces of fat
- Coarse salt
- 3 ounces sharp cheddar, thinly sliced
- 4 potato rolls (such as Martin's)
- Thinly sliced pickles, for serving
- Equal parts ketchup and mayonnaise, mixed together, for serving
Cut both steaks into small pieces. Grind through the large holes of a meat grinder. Combine in a bowl, then grind together through small holes of grinder. Divide into 4 equal parts (each about 5 1/2 ounces). Form into patties, each about 3 1/2 inches in diameter.
Preheat grill to medium-high. Season both sides of burgers with salt. Grill 2 1/2 minutes a side for medium-rare, placing cheese on burgers in last minute. Transfer to a plate. Grill rolls until toasted, 30 seconds. Sandwich burgers on rolls with pickles and ketchup-mayonnaise.
SourceMartha Stewart Living