New Classic Burger
You can grind as much or as little meat together as you'd like, using equal parts of each type. Martha made this recipe on Cooking School episode 407.
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes 4
Photography: Marcus Nilsson
Source: Martha Stewart Living
- 11 ounces chuck steak, trimmed of any large pieces of fat
- 11 ounces sirloin steak, trimmed of any large pieces of fat
- Coarse salt
- 3 ounces sharp cheddar, thinly sliced
- 4 potato rolls (such as Martin's)
- Thinly sliced pickles, for serving
- Equal parts ketchup and mayonnaise, mixed together, for serving
Cut both steaks into small pieces. Grind through the large holes of a meat grinder. Combine in a bowl, then grind together through small holes of grinder. Divide into 4 equal parts (each about 5 1/2 ounces). Form into patties, each about 3 1/2 inches in diameter.
Preheat grill to medium-high. Season both sides of burgers with salt. Grill 2 1/2 minutes a side for medium-rare, placing cheese on burgers in last minute. Transfer to a plate. Grill rolls until toasted, 30 seconds. Sandwich burgers on rolls with pickles and ketchup-mayonnaise.