Rice Salad with Asparagus and Peas
- Total Time:
- Servings: 6
Photography: Marcus Nilsson
Source: Martha Stewart Living
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 anchovy fillets
- Coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 6 ounces asparagus (about 1 bunch), trimmed and sliced 1 inch thick on the bias
- 1 cup fresh shelled or frozen peas
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 4 ounces radicchio, finely shredded (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 1/2 cup julienned fresh basil leaves
Finely mince garlic and anchovies together with 1 teaspoon salt on a cutting board until a paste forms. Transfer to a bowl; whisk in vinegar and oil.
Cook rice in a pot of salted boiling water until tender, about 13 minutes. Add asparagus and peas; cook until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Drain and transfer to bowl with vinaigrette.
Add onion and radicchio, toss to combine, and season with salt. Let stand 30 minutes. Add basil, toss to combine, and let stand 30 minutes more before serving.