Skirt Steak and Corn with Chimichurri
The steak and corn can be grilled up to a day ahead and stored in the refrigerator, in separate containers; serve them cold or at room temperature. The chimichurri can also be made up to a day ahead; store it in the refrigerator, in a jar with a thin layer of olive oil on top. Shake to combine before serving, at room temperature.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living
- 1 1/4 pounds skirt steak, room temperature, cut crosswise into 3-inch pieces
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 ears corn, husks and silk removed, cut into quarters
- 1/3 cup packed finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/3 cup packed finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves and stems
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic (from 1 small clove)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- Baguette, sliced into 2-inch pieces, for serving
Preheat grill for direct heat. Season steak with salt and pepper. Grill, flipping once, until charred in spots, 4 to 6 minutes for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board; let stand 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, grill corn, turning a few times, until blistered in spots and crisp-tender, 6 to 7 minutes.
Stir together herbs, garlic, oil, and vinegar in a bowl; season chimichurri with salt and pepper. Thinly slice steak against the grain. Serve with corn, chimichurri, and baguette slices.