Why You Need It
A Silpat -- a nonstick silicone baking mat -- is a kitchen must-have. You can use it for everything from prep work to baking. Plus it's affordable and reusable. Here are some more reasons to have one on hand:
- You can use it when prepping food (rolling out dough, for instance).
- It wipes off easily, making it simple to clean.
- It's flexible and reusable. Use it in place of parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- It doesn't require greasing or spraying ahead of time.
Recipes That Use a Silpat
Silpats comes in handy when baking almost anything in the oven, but especially when making delicate dishes like these:
More About Silpat
Our baking mat -- made by Silpat for the Martha Stewart Collection:
- Features an exclusive silicone and fiberglass nonstick construction
- Wipes clean
- Comes in half-sheet size that fits the Martha Stewart Collection 18in x 13in Commercial Baking Sheet
- Can be used thousands of times
- Resists temperature from -40 to 482°F
- Is freezer and microwave safe
- Has a limited lifetime warranty