1 of 9
If you're looking to honor the mom-to-be with a baby shower she'll remember and love long after the bundle of joy arrives, allow us to assist. We've rounded up our favorite serving pieces along with a healthy helping of tips and recipes.
Start by choosing a theme. Knowing ahead of time whether it's a boy or a girl can help determine your direction, but you may have to stick with a gender-neutral concept, like an animal or floral theme.
Next, choose an invitation that sticks to the party's theme and color palette.Browse Baby Shower Themes
2 of 9
The time of day will help pare down your options (will you serve brunch or dinner?). Consider the following: Do you want a sit-down meal or a buffet? Do you prefer easy-to-handle finger foods so guests can mingle, or would you rather guests stay seated and get served?
3 of 9
Use Stylish Serving Pieces
An appealing spread includes more than just the food you're serving. Present appetizers, mini frittatas, and sandwiches on cake plates with a dome in addition to desserts for a stylish tablescape.
4 of 9
Mix and Match
Add depth and interest to your table by mixing and matching serving pieces. Work with different heights, shapes, colors, and designs. This cake stand and glass dome would work nicely with the other pieces shown.
6 of 9
Be a Savvy Server
Make serving beverages at the shower easy and stylish with this beverage dispenser. For an added touch, label the drinks with clever names that complement the shower's theme.
7 of 9
Let Them Eat Cake
Whether you're serving individual cupcakes, a homemade pie, or a flavorful cake, serve them on this stylish cake stand to add an extra-special touch to your dessert table.
8 of 9
Give Out Keepsakes
Include cake servers to cut and serve dessert to your guests that also double as a gift for the guest-of-honor after the party is over.
You'll Also Love
You Just Viewed
Plan a Baby Shower They'll Go Ga-Ga ForReplay
- The Barest Simmer
- Brass Jewelry Projects: All That Glitters Is Not Gold
- Make-Ahead Office Lunch: Five Days, Five Ways
- All Scooped Up: The 10 Best Ways to Eat Ice Cream in Winter
- Real Page-Turners: Our Favorite Bookshelf Organizing Ideas
- New Year's Heave: Our 2014 Organizing Resolutions
- Studio Visit: Purl Soho
- Healthy and Delicious: Cooking with Whole Grains
- From the Shar-chives: Kevin Sharkey’s Most Beloved Valentine’s Day Ideas
- Home Decor Inspired by Color
- A Blueprint for Color
- Board Games: Kevin Sharkey's Cheeseboard Picks
- Decorate with Brass
- Our Food Editors' Food Resolutions
- A Woodworking Couple's Labor of Love