Cavatelli with Spinach, Caramelized Fennel, and Fried Eggs
- Total Time:
- Servings: 6
Source: Martha Stewart Living
- 2 lemons, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 large bulb fennel, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 cups baby spinach (about 5 ounces)
- 1 recipe Homemade Cavatelli
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan, finely grated
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, drizzle lemons and fennel with 1/4 cup oil; season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat, then spread in a single layer. Roast until caramelized and tender, flipping halfway through, about 25 minutes. Stir in spinach. Return to oven and roast until just wilted, about 2 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook cavatelli in a large pot of salted boiling water until al dente, about 4 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to baking sheet with vegetables; toss to combine and season with salt and pepper.
Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Fry eggs in batches until whites are set and yolks are still loose, about 4 minutes a batch. Season with salt and pepper.
Top each serving of pasta with a fried egg and a sprinkle of Parmesan.