1 of 6
Essence of Mom
Plain buttered toast tastes like haute cuisine when it’s delivered bedside. But when Chef Emeril Lagasse’s doing the cooking, Mother’s Day brunch becomes delectable in its own right. From beignets to bread pudding, these dishes will give Mom the dual satisfaction of eating your food and knowing she taught you some tricks.
“Put an egg on it” is a fix for any number of kitchen conundrums. And this recipe proves a ham-and-cheese croissant only improves with a sunny-side-up topper. Who’d have thought?
2 of 6
Creole Breakfast Bread Pudding
This savory pudding, flavored with smoked pork sausage and wine-sauteed veggies, feeds a crowd with a finesse that’s rare in big-batch meals. It’s a winner for large families and very hungry moms alike.
3 of 6
Cafe Au Lait Beignets
Coffee and doughnuts were meant for each other. These beignets, topped with powdered sugar and served with cafe au lait creme anglaise, combine the two in each pillowy, perfect mouthful.
4 of 6
Herbed Quiche with Blue Cheese
We love quiche for its versatility and subtle sophistication. This version, complete with Emeril’s own delicious crust recipe, is a brunch dish Mom is sure to adore.
5 of 6
Pancake recipes are like well-fitting jeans -- you can never have enough. These classic buttermilk ones make a mouthwatering canvas for mom’s favorite mix-ins (sprinkle berries or chocolate chips straight onto the pancake at the start of cooking on the griddle).
6 of 6
Extra-flaky biscuits make a mouthwatering addition to any feast. Served with butter and jam or thick homemade gravy, they’re almost a meal in their own right.
You Just Viewed
Chef Emeril Lagasse’s Mother’s Day Brunch RecipesReplay
- Our Food Editors' Food Resolutions
- Brass Jewelry Projects: All That Glitters Is Not Gold
- The Barest Simmer
- New Year's Heave: Our 2014 Organizing Resolutions
- All Scooped Up: The 10 Best Ways to Eat Ice Cream in Winter
- A Blueprint for Color
- Home Decor Inspired by Color
- Studio Visit: Purl Soho
- From the Shar-chives: Kevin Sharkey’s Most Beloved Valentine’s Day Ideas
- Healthy and Delicious: Cooking with Whole Grains
- Board Games: Kevin Sharkey's Cheeseboard Picks
- A Woodworking Couple's Labor of Love
- Real Page-Turners: Our Favorite Bookshelf Organizing Ideas
- Decorate with Brass
- Make-Ahead Office Lunch: Five Days, Five Ways