Roly-poly and covered with cheese, this delicious snowman is perfect for a wintertime get-together.
- Servings: 8
Source: Martha Stewart Kids, Winter 2005
- 1 pound cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Celery, clove, pumpernickel slice, black olives, and carrot
In a food processor, combine cream cheese (reserve a spoonful for hat), 1/2 cup Monterey Jack, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste. Freeze until firm, 30 minutes.
Shape mixture into 3 balls; roll balls in remaining Monterey Jack. Freeze until firm, about 1 hour.
Just before serving, stack balls; secure with toothpicks. Use vegetable peeler to shave celery scarf; pin with clove. Cut bread into 1- and 1 1/2-inch rounds; glue hat together with cream cheese, then secure with toothpick. Punch dots from olives with plain round pastry tips, and cut end off carrot; press in place. Serve with crackers.