1 of 11
Her Favorite Things
A self-taught gardener, Lauri Kranz builds and nurtures edible landscapes and has become a bit of a grow-your-own guru for discerning clients like Los Angeles chefs Suzanne Goin and Kris Morningstar. After spending her days among plants, Kranz relaxes at home, where she’s transported some of the feeling of the great outdoors. “I like to bring in everything I can from the natural world -- ceramics, wood, stone,” she says. Her online shop (ediblegardensla.com) features specially chosen items such as aprons and granola, created with L.A.-area artisans and chefs. Next up: a line of vegetable seeds from local farmers.
2 of 11
Shiva Rose face oil. “It’s what my skin needs after a day in the garden. I use it nightly and wake up with dewy, glowing skin.”
3 of 11
Kranz plans to line her shower with this handmade collection by Stitio.
By Commune for Exquisite Surfaces, $12.50 each, xsurfaces.com
4 of 11
African basil’s lavender blooms “bring the bees” needed to pollinate gardens.
5 of 11
Escentric Molecules Molecule 02. “It smells unique on each person.”
$140 for 3.5 oz., luckyscent.com
6 of 11
La Formentera. “I seek refuge from the world in the photos of interior designer Juan Montoya’s property.”
By Monacelli Press, $65, amazon.com
7 of 11
A mini basic copper grater is perfect for ginger and fresh wasabi; Kranz hangs one on her wall.
8 of 11
Kranz values ample shade for sun protection. The wide brim of this Kimberly Muller + Tula hat does the trick.
9 of 11
She is a regular at the Hungry Cat in Hollywood. Her summertime order: the cucumber martini.
10 of 11
The Dutch potting trowel by DeWit Tools. “It sees me through countless hours of digging soil.”
11 of 11
Kranz uses the Seil Marschall hiking pack “to carry treasures and necessities when exploring a new city.”
In Black, $359, kaufmann-mercantile.com
You'll Also Love
You Just Viewed
Tastemaker: Lauri KranzReplay
- Decorate with Brass
- Home Decor Inspired by Color
- From the Shar-chives: Kevin Sharkey’s Most Beloved Valentine’s Day Ideas
- Make-Ahead Office Lunch: Five Days, Five Ways
- Healthy and Delicious: Cooking with Whole Grains
- New Year's Heave: Our 2014 Organizing Resolutions
- Our Food Editors' Food Resolutions
- Real Page-Turners: Our Favorite Bookshelf Organizing Ideas
- Brass Jewelry Projects: All That Glitters Is Not Gold
- Studio Visit: Purl Soho
- All Scooped Up: The 10 Best Ways to Eat Ice Cream in Winter
- The Barest Simmer
- Board Games: Kevin Sharkey's Cheeseboard Picks
- A Blueprint for Color
- A Woodworking Couple's Labor of Love