Rum Punch with Melon Balls
Frozen-melon scoops take the place of ice cubes in this rum-spiked fruit punch and add pops of color and sweetness.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 8
- Yield: Makes 12 1/2 cups
- 1 melon (honeydew or cantaloupe)
- 2 1/4 cups fresh pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 cups light rum (optional)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (from 4 limes)
- 2 tablespoons Angostura bitters
- 2 liters ginger ale
Make melon balls (about 3/4 inch each) using a melon baller. (You should have about 2 cups.) Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet, and freeze, about 1 hour.
Stir together pineapple juice, rum, lime juice, and bitters in a punch bowl. Slowly add ginger ale, being careful not to disperse the bubbles too much. Add frozen melon balls. Serve immediately.