Under 30 Minutes
Spaghetti with Tuna and Caper Sauce
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 10 ounces tuna packed in olive oil (from 1 to 2 tins)
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons capers, preferably salt-packed, rinsed and drained
- Pinch of red-pepper flakes, plus more for serving
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest, plus 1 tablespoon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
Cook pasta in a large pot of generously salted water until al dente. Reserve 1 1/2 cups pasta water; drain.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add tuna with its oil and garlic and cook, stirring a few times, until garlic is golden in spots, about 5 minutes. Stir in capers and pepper flakes and cook, 30 seconds. Add 1 cup reserved pasta water; bring to a simmer. Add cooked pasta and simmer, tossing a few times, until liquid is reduced to a sauce that coats pasta.
Remove from heat and toss in lemon zest and juice, oil, and parsley; season with pepper. Add more pasta water, a few tablespoons at a time, until pasta is evenly coated. Serve, sprinkled with more pepper flakes.
SourceMartha Stewart Living