Shrimp with Tomatoes, Spinach, and Rice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole peeled plum tomatoes with their juices, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 pound fresh or thawed frozen large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 package (10 ounces) thawed frozen spinach, drained and squeezed of excess moisture
- Feta, crumbled, for serving
- Fresh mint leaves, for serving (optional)
Heat a large straight-sided skillet over medium-high heat; swirl in oil. Add onion, season with salt, and cook, stirring occasionally, until just softened, about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and juices and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened and reduced slightly, about 5 minutes.
Stir in rice and 2 1/2 cups water, then return to a simmer. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook until rice is tender, about 12 minutes. Stir in shrimp and spinach and simmer, covered, until shrimp is just pink and opaque, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve, sprinkled with feta and mint and drizzled with oil.
SourceMartha Stewart Living