1 of 10
New research from the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition shows that a high intake of carotenoids (antioxidants such as alpha-carotene, beta-carotene, beta-cryptoxanthin, lycopene, lutein, and zeaxanthin) may protect against bone loss as you age. Learn how you can easily incorporate these delicious superfoods into your next meal, keeping your bones healthy and strong.
Spinach is packed with beta-carotene, lutein, and zeaxanthin, which have extra benefits for the eyes and heart.
Cooking tips: Fold fresh spinach into omelets; use raw spinach as a salad green.
Try 25 spinach recipes.
10 of 10
Martha Stewart Essentials Bone Support formula is a unique formula targeted to help you build and maintain strong bones with calcium, magnesium, zinc, copper, manganese, and silica. It assists in reducing bone breakdown with vitamins K and D and nourishes and protects your bones with healthy fruit and vegetable extracts. Shop Martha Stewart Essentials today.
You Just Viewed
Keep Your Skeleton Strong: Nine Vitamin-Rich SuperfoodsReplay
- The Barest Simmer
- New Year's Heave: Our 2014 Organizing Resolutions
- Our Food Editors' Food Resolutions
- Brass Jewelry Projects: All That Glitters Is Not Gold
- Home Decor Inspired by Color
- Decorate with Brass
- Board Games: Kevin Sharkey's Cheeseboard Picks
- Real Page-Turners: Our Favorite Bookshelf Organizing Ideas
- A Blueprint for Color
- Studio Visit: Purl Soho
- All Scooped Up: The 10 Best Ways to Eat Ice Cream in Winter
- Healthy and Delicious: Cooking with Whole Grains
- From the Shar-chives: Kevin Sharkey’s Most Beloved Valentine’s Day Ideas
- A Woodworking Couple's Labor of Love
- Layer Your Office Lunch: Five Days, Five Ways