- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, 2003
- 2 cans reduced sodium chicken broth (14.5 ounces each)
- 3 cups water
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 8 ounces snow peas, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups bean sprouts
- 3 lightly beaten large eggs
- Rice vinegar, sesame oil, and scallions (for seasoning)
In a large saucepan, bring chicken broth, water, soy sauce, and ginger to a boil. Add snow peas and bean sprouts. Simmer over medium heat until vegetables are tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
While stirring slowly in one direction, pour beaten eggs in a steady stream into soup (eggs will feather). Remove from heat. Season with rice vinegar, sesame oil, and scallions as desired.