Rosemary Polenta Cake
- Total Time:
- Servings: 8
Photography: Jennifer Causey
Source: Martha Stewart Living
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, room temperature
- 6 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons quick-cooking polenta
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 large eggs plus 2 large egg yolks, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons water
- Pinch of coarse salt
Cake: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush a 10-inch Bundt pan with 1 tablespoon butter. Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons rosemary and 2 tablespoons polenta; shake to coat.
Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and remaining 3/4 cup polenta and 4 teaspoons rosemary. In another bowl, whisk together oil, eggs, yolks, and vanilla.
Beat remaining 1/2 cup butter and the sugar on medium until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Slowly beat in egg mixture until just combined. With mixer on low, add flour mixture in 3 batches; beat until just combined.
Pour batter into pan. Bake until golden and a toothpick comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool in pan 15 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Glaze: Whisk together all ingredients until smooth. Drizzle glaze over cake. Cut into wedges; serve.