Sauteed Peas and Pea Shoots
- Total Time:
- Servings: 8
Photography: Jennifer Causey
- 5 cups shelled fresh peas or frozen peas (from three 10-ounce packages)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces pea shoots
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint, plus small leaves for serving
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
Add peas to a medium pot of generously salted boiling water. Cook until bright green and just tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook, stirring frequently, until just softened, about 3 minutes. Add pea shoots; cook, stirring occasionally, until just wilted, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in peas, then transfer mixture to a bowl. Let cool slightly.
Stir in yogurt, chopped mint, and zest. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with mint leaves; serve.