- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse salt
- 14 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled, cut into small pieces
- 1 large egg, plus 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
Pulse flour, sugar, and salt in a food processor until just combined. Add butter; pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. Whisk together egg, yolk, vanilla, and zest in a bowl; add to flour mixture and process just until dough comes together.
Turn out onto a floured work surface; knead to form a ball. Divide into two-thirds and one-third. Gently press into flat disks. Wrap each in plastic; chill at least 30 minutes and up to overnight.
SourceMartha Stewart Living