Flourless Chocolate-Walnut Torte
- Total Time:
- Servings: 10
Source: Martha Stewart Living
- Unsalted butter, room temperature, for pan
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, plus more for pan
- 1/2 cup plus 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 10 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 cup ground toasted walnuts, plus 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts, for serving
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter an 8-inch round cake pan. Line bottom with parchment; butter parchment and dust with cocoa.
Melt 1/2 cup oil and 8 ounces chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water, stirring, until smooth. Remove from heat; whisk in sugar. Whisk in eggs, 1 at a time. Whisk in cocoa, vanilla, and salt; fold in ground walnuts. Spread batter in pan.
Bake until set, about 35 minutes. Let cool completely, preferably overnight. Run a knife around edge to loosen; remove from pan.
Melt remaining 2 ounces chocolate and 1 teaspoon oil in same manner as in step 2; spread on cake. Sprinkle chopped walnuts in center. Cut into wedges; serve.