1 of 10
Floral arrangements are an essential element of design, and with a few tips you'll be well on your way to creating your own beautiful bouquets. Get started with my 10 favorite floral arrangements for springtime.
Adding height and visual drama is easy; just enlist the help of a serving bowl from the kitchen or china cabinet.Get the Lilac Centerpiece How-To
3 of 10
A slender Juliska glass vase is a perfect container for long-stemmed Darwin tulips. Cut the stems to the length of your vase and line them up as straight as possible.
4 of 10
Classic Tulip Arrangement
Tulips join their spring garden companions in a display by Tineke Geerlings, a Dutch floral arranger. "Cairo," "Apricot Parrot," "Princess Unique," "Sensual Touch," "Teletubbie," viburnum, apple blossoms, hosta leaves, and hellebores fill a vase by designer Hella Jongerius.
5 of 10
6 of 10
Champagne Flute Arrangements
Champagne flutes make a unique vessel for displaying individual arrangements of tulips, lisianthus, waxflowers, and ranunculus in similar colors.
9 of 10
A clear-glass container shows off a wonderful mix of tulips, white bleeding hearts, and the wavy leaves of bird’s-nest fern.
10 of 10
Jump-start spring by forcing branches of early-flowering trees and shrubs. Massed at eye level in a rustic trough, pink cherry blossoms join white dogwood and spirea to give armchair nature lovers a breath of fresh air. The branches stand in chicken wire that has been bent to fit the container's liner. Moss and lichen from a florist mask the wire support in sylvan style.Get the Cherry Blossom and Dogwood Arrangement How-To
You Just Viewed
From the Shar-chives: Kevin Sharkey's Favorite Spring Floral ArrangementsReplay
- Decorate with Brass
- Brass Jewelry Projects: All That Glitters Is Not Gold
- Healthy and Delicious: Cooking with Whole Grains
- From the Shar-chives: Kevin Sharkey’s Most Beloved Valentine’s Day Ideas
- A Woodworking Couple's Labor of Love
- Home Decor Inspired by Color
- All Scooped Up: The 10 Best Ways to Eat Ice Cream in Winter
- Real Page-Turners: Our Favorite Bookshelf Organizing Ideas
- Make-Ahead Office Lunch: Five Days, Five Ways
- A Blueprint for Color
- Our Food Editors' Food Resolutions
- Board Games: Kevin Sharkey's Cheeseboard Picks
- New Year's Heave: Our 2014 Organizing Resolutions
- Studio Visit: Purl Soho
- The Barest Simmer