1 of 9
The night before St. Patrick's Day is notorious for tricks and mischief played by leprechauns -- fortunately, you have the wherewithal to outsmart these sneaky elves. We asked our readers to submit their best leprechaun trap ideas, and then we pulled together our favorites.
Get More Leprechaun Trap Ideas
Congratulations to Alexis Anderson, who won our sweepstakes with her colorful creation! We love her creative use of vibrant hues and materials, and we're sure her swinging trap must have come close to bagging a leprechaun or two. Thanks for sharing, Alexis!
2 of 9
Leprechauns who are fooled by the colorful walkway of Allie Gower's trap will be met with an unexpected surprise: They can't escape!Get Our Rainbow Cake Mason Jar Leprechaun Trap Recipe
5 of 9
Cup o' Gold
Emmeline and Christy Schneider created a clever trap out of a glass and a pencil ladder.
7 of 9
Jeanne Ferrer's version might look like a serene meadow, but that gold-filled well hides a secret trap.
8 of 9
All That Glitters
Sparkly gold paper adds festive flair to Polly Welch's leprechaun trap.
You'll Also Love
You Just Viewed
Your Leprechaun TrapsReplay
- New Year's Heave: Our 2014 Organizing Resolutions
- Decorate with Brass
- Healthy and Delicious: Cooking with Whole Grains
- Our Food Editors' Food Resolutions
- Home Decor Inspired by Color
- Real Page-Turners: Our Favorite Bookshelf Organizing Ideas
- All Scooped Up: The 10 Best Ways to Eat Ice Cream in Winter
- A Blueprint for Color
- Layer Your Office Lunch: Five Days, Five Ways
- A Woodworking Couple's Labor of Love
- From the Shar-chives: Kevin Sharkey’s Most Beloved Valentine’s Day Ideas
- The Barest Simmer
- Studio Visit: Purl Soho
- Board Games: Kevin Sharkey's Cheeseboard Picks
- Brass Jewelry Projects: All That Glitters Is Not Gold