1 of 8
While a bottle of wine and a wheel of Brie constitute a party in our book, an extra-special affair calls for a few special extras. We've rounded up our favorite glassware and serving pieces -- plus some advice for the edibles -- to help you nail every detail.
When the cheese plate is top-notch, it's enough to carry the menu. Learn how to put together a mouthwatering platter -- including how much to buy, what to serve alongside it it, and how to wow your guests with the presentation.
Get the Cheese Shopping Tips
3 of 8
What's on Your Rind?
Label your spread with cheese markers so guests can take note of their favorites -- and track them down after the party ends.
4 of 8
It wouldn't be a wine-and-cheese party without an eye-catching cheese board or two. Carved faux-bois aluminum handles add a modern touch to the simple silhouette of this sheesham hardwood base.
5 of 8
Serve up some style on a stainless steel bar tray. Wide handles and a decorative border create an elegant platform for glasses or snacks.
6 of 8
A glass of still wine suits any occasion, but our cocktails made with Champagne and sparkling wine will add instant pizzazz to your night.
Get the Champagne and Sparkling Wine Cocktails Recipes
7 of 8
Whether you sip a Bordeaux or Sauvignon Blanc, wine tastes better when savored in stunning stemware.
You'll Also Love
You Just Viewed
Everything You Need to Host a Wine and Cheese PartyReplay
- Home Decor Inspired by Color
- Real Page-Turners: Our Favorite Bookshelf Organizing Ideas
- All Scooped Up: The 10 Best Ways to Eat Ice Cream in Winter
- Board Games: Kevin Sharkey's Cheeseboard Picks
- Our Food Editors' Food Resolutions
- Studio Visit: Purl Soho
- New Year's Heave: Our 2014 Organizing Resolutions
- Healthy and Delicious: Cooking with Whole Grains
- A Blueprint for Color
- Brass Jewelry Projects: All That Glitters Is Not Gold
- The Barest Simmer
- From the Shar-chives: Kevin Sharkey’s Most Beloved Valentine’s Day Ideas
- Decorate with Brass
- A Woodworking Couple's Labor of Love
- Make-Ahead Office Lunch: Five Days, Five Ways