1 of 8
While a bottle of wine and a wheel of Brie constitute a party in our book, an extra-special affair calls for a few special extras. We've rounded up our favorite glassware and serving pieces -- plus some advice for the edibles -- to help you nail every detail.
When the cheese plate is top-notch, it's enough to carry the menu. Learn how to put together a mouthwatering platter -- including how much to buy, what to serve alongside it it, and how to wow your guests with the presentation.
Get the Cheese Shopping Tips
3 of 8
What's on Your Rind?
Label your spread with cheese markers so guests can take note of their favorites -- and track them down after the party ends.
4 of 8
It wouldn't be a wine-and-cheese party without an eye-catching cheese board or two. Carved faux-bois aluminum handles add a modern touch to the simple silhouette of this sheesham hardwood base.
5 of 8
Serve up some style on a stainless steel bar tray. Wide handles and a decorative border create an elegant platform for glasses or snacks.
6 of 8
A glass of still wine suits any occasion, but our cocktails made with Champagne and sparkling wine will add instant pizzazz to your night.
Get the Champagne and Sparkling Wine Cocktails Recipes
7 of 8
Whether you sip a Bordeaux or Sauvignon Blanc, wine tastes better when savored in stunning stemware.
You'll Also Love
You Just Viewed
Everything You Need to Host a Wine and Cheese PartyReplay
- Board Games: Kevin Sharkey's Cheeseboard Picks
- The Barest Simmer
- Home Decor Inspired by Color
- Healthy and Delicious: Cooking with Whole Grains
- A Woodworking Couple's Labor of Love
- Studio Visit: Purl Soho
- Brass Jewelry Projects: All That Glitters Is Not Gold
- New Year's Heave: Our 2014 Organizing Resolutions
- All Scooped Up: The 10 Best Ways to Eat Ice Cream in Winter
- From the Shar-chives: Kevin Sharkey’s Most Beloved Valentine’s Day Ideas
- Make-Ahead Office Lunch: Five Days, Five Ways
- Our Food Editors' Food Resolutions
- Real Page-Turners: Our Favorite Bookshelf Organizing Ideas
- Decorate with Brass
- A Blueprint for Color