- Yield: Makes about 1 1/4 cups
Source: Martha Stewart's Cooking School
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallot
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt, plus more to taste
- 2 1/2 cups fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh tarragon leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
Combine shallot and vinegar in a small bowl. Let stand 10 minutes.
Whisk together oil, anchovies, capers, mustard, and salt in a medium bowl. Stir in shallot mixture, then add herbs and lemon zest. Season with salt. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. Bring to room temperature before serving.