- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallot
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt, plus more to taste
- 2 1/2 cups fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh tarragon leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
Combine shallot and vinegar in a small bowl. Let stand 10 minutes.
Whisk together oil, anchovies, capers, mustard, and salt in a medium bowl. Stir in shallot mixture, then add herbs and lemon zest. Season with salt. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. Bring to room temperature before serving.
SourceMartha Stewart's Cooking School