Eggplant, Pistachio, and Pomegranate Pizza
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes one 9-by-13-inch pie
Photography: Roland Bello
Source: Martha Stewart Living
- 1/3 recipe Basic Pizza Dough, or 3/4 pound store-bought dough
- 1 to 2 small eggplants, thinly sliced lengthwise into 6 strips
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt
- Red-pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup salted pistachios, chopped
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds (from 1 pomegranate)
- 1/4 cup lightly packed cilantro leaves
Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Form dough (as directed in Basic Pizza Dough recipe) in a 9-by-13-inch rimmed baking sheet. Arrange eggplant lengthwise on dough, 3 slices side-by-side on top half, 3 on bottom half; press into dough. Drizzle with oil, and sprinkle with salt and red-pepper flakes.
Bake until cooked through and crust is golden on edges and bottom, about 18 minutes.
Using a metal spatula, slide pie onto a cutting board. Sprinkle with pistachios, feta, pomegranate seeds, and cilantro. Slice into 6 pieces and serve.