Escarole, Provolone, and Cherry-Tomato Pizza
- 1 small head escarole, torn into 1/2-inch pieces (about 3 cups)
- 1 to 2 heads Treviso radicchio, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon vinegar-packed capers, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 recipe Basic Pizza Dough, or 3/4 pound store-bought dough
- 6 slices provolone
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Coarse salt
Preheat oven to 475 degrees. In a bowl, toss escarole with radicchio, capers, red-pepper flakes, and oil.
Form dough (as directed in Basic Pizza Dough recipe) in a 9-by-13-inch rimmed baking sheet. Arrange cheese slices side-by-side to cover dough, then top evenly with escarole mixture. Bake until cooked through and crust is golden on edges and bottom, about 22 minutes.
Using a metal spatula, slide pie onto a cutting board. Scatter cherry tomatoes on top, squeezing each to release a bit of juice onto pie. Sprinkle with salt. Slice into 6 pieces and serve.
SourceMartha Stewart Living