Mixed-Mushroom and Scallion Pizza
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes one 9-by-13-inch pie
Photography: Roland Bello
Source: Martha Stewart Living
- 1/3 recipe Basic Pizza Dough, or 3/4 pound store-bought dough
- 1/3 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 3 scallions, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 3 cups mixed mushrooms, such as portobello, cremini, button, and beech, stems removed, caps thinly sliced (about 8 ounces)
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt
Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Form dough (as directed in Basic Pizza Dough recipe) in a 9-by-13-inch rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle cheese evenly over dough. Arrange scallions in an abstract pattern, as shown on page 88, pressing into dough, then press mushrooms into dough between shapes. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt.
Bake until cooked through and crust is golden on edges and bottom, about 17 minutes.
Using a metal spatula, slide pie onto a cutting board. Slice into 6 pieces and serve.