Baked Salmon with Coconut Broth
- 1 smashed clove garlic
- 1/2 thinly sliced small red chile
- 1 chopped stalk lemongrass (outer layers removed)
- 1/2 cup Cleansing Broth
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- Two 5-oz skinless fillets wild salmon
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Coarse salt
- 1/2 sliced red onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 sliced head baby bok choy
- 1 cup cooked brown rice, divided
- Sliced scallion, for garnish
- Lime, for garnish
In a small pot, bring garlic, chile, lemongrass, Cleansing Broth, and coconut milk to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until fragrant, about 20 minutes. Strain; discard solids. Keep warm.
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Rub salmon with 1 Tbsp olive oil and season with salt. Bake until just cooked through, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat 1 Tbsp oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrots, and bok choy and cook, stirring, until tender, about 5 minutes.
For each serving, top 1/2 cup cooked brown rice with salmon fillet and vegetables. Ladle with broth, garnish with scallion, and squeeze with lime.
SourceWhole Living, January/February January/February 2013