Roasted Vegetables with Quinoa
Roasted Brussels sprouts and butternut squash are the stars of this quinoa-based dinner. Tahini sauce comes in handy.
- Servings: 2
Photography: Bryan Gardner
- 3 cups diced butternut squash
- 2 cups trimmed and halved Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut or extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 1/2 cups baby spinach, divided
Heat oven to 425 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss squash and Brussels sprouts with 2 tablespoons melted coconut or extra-virgin olive oil and season with salt and paprika. Roast, rotating pan, until golden and tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
Make sauce: Pulse garlic, tahini, vinegar, 2 tablespoons olive oil, water, chives, parsley, and cilantro in a food processor until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, toss roasted vegetables with quinoa and 2 tablespoons sauce.
For each serving, toss with 1 1/4 cups spinach and adjust seasoning.