Broccoli and Chickpea Salad
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 15-oz can drained and rinsed chickpeas
- 5 sliced scallions
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 minced clove garlic
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 Tbsp grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 6 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
Steam broccoli florets until just tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Once cool, chop and combine with chickpeas, scallions, parsley, and pine nuts.
In a bowl, combine garlic, mustard, honey, lemon zest and juice. Slowly add oil, whisking to emulsify, and season with salt and pepper.
Drizzle broccoli mixture with dressing and adjust seasoning.
SourceWhole Living, January/February January/February 2013