These dairy-free pancakes are cooked in coconut oil. Try orange pieces and honey on top instead of maple syrup.
- Servings: 2
Photography: Bryan Gardner
- 1/2 mashed banana
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tablespoons flaxmeal
- 4 teaspoons coconut oil, divided
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch coarse salt
- Orange segments for serving
- Honey for serving
In a bowl, combine banana, almond milk, flaxmeal, and 2 teaspoons oil and let stand until thick, about 10 minutes.
Whisk in oat flour, coconut, orange juice, baking powder, cinnamon, and a pinch salt. (Batter will be thick.)
Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, spoon in 1/4 cup batter and flatten into 3-inch rounds with a spatula. Cook until golden, flipping once, about 6 minutes per side. Serve with orange segments and honey.