Cauliflower "Rice" Stir-Fry
This no-grain cauliflower dish is surprisingly hearty.
- Servings: 2
Source: Whole Living, January/February January/February 2013
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 tablespoons coconut or extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 sliced red onion, divided
- 4 minced cloves garlic, divided
- Coarse salt
- 1/4 cup Cleansing Broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 thinly sliced small red chile
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 julienned large carrot
- 1/2 diced (stemmed, seeded) red bell pepper
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons shelled pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
Pulse cauliflower florets in a food processor until finely chopped.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1/2 sliced red onion and 2 minced cloves garlic and cook, stirring, until tender, about 6 minutes. Add cauliflower and season with coarse salt. Stir in Cleansing Broth and steam, covered, until broth has evaporated and cauliflower is tender, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and cover.
Wipe pan and heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add 1/2 sliced red onion and cook, stirring, until tender, about 5 minutes. Add 2 minced cloves garlic, ginger, and chile and cook 1 minute. Add broccoli florets, carrot, and bell pepper and cook, stirring, until tender, about 5 minutes. Season with salt. Remove from heat and add lemon juice.
For each serving, top cauliflower with vegetables and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds and 1 tablespoon cilantro.