Whole Wheat Seeded Crackers
- Yield: Makes four 10-by-4 1/2-inch crackers
Source: Whole Living, December 2012
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour, plus more for dusting
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- Assorted toppings, such as flaky sea salt; freshly ground black pepper; and sesame, poppy, fennel, and caraway seeds
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix flour, seeds, and salt together in a bowl. Stir in oil and 6 to 8 Tbsp water and knead until dough forms a ball. Divide dough into quarters and pat each one into a rectangle. Roll into a 10-by-4 1/2-inch rectangle 1/8-inch thick.
In a small bowl, mix honey with 3 tsp water and brush over crackers. Prick crackers several times with a fork and sprinkle with desired toppings. Bake, rotating once, until crackers are golden brown and crisp, 20 to 22 minutes. Let cool completely.